1. WHAT HAPPENS during a physiotherapy SESSION?
If you are considering physiotherapy for an injury or have already been referred by a doctor or other healthcare professional and wondering what to expect from your treatment sessions, let us walk you through our standard approach.
Each physiotherapist’s initial assessment approach will differ slightly and will depend on the specific client and injury. In general terms, there are three main parts of an initial assessment:
1. Subjective History – Your physiotherapist will start with a conversation about your current concerns, signs, symptoms and pain patterns, a review of your past medical history, medical notes, any diagnostic tests (MRIs, X-rays, CT scans, etc.), and a discussion about your goals of physiotherapy
2. Objective Assessment – Your physiotherapist will complete a physical assessment, including assessments of joint range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, functional movements, balance, endurance, etc. and any other assessments that are relevant to your current injury or neurological disorder. The objective assessment also includes a postural analysis in a seated and/ or standing position. If you are a wheelchair user or have a mobility device, your physiotherapist can also assess how well you are using it and if it is appropriate for you.
3. Diagnosis / Treatment Plan Following a detailed assessment, your physiotherapist will discuss their assessment findings and diagnosis with you, the potential cause(s) of the problem, and the most effective treatment plan for your current diagnosis and your individualized goals.
The initial assessment at Royal Wellness is scheduled for one hour. This will include time to provide physiotherapy treatment at the clinic.
After your initial assessment session, subsequent treatment sessions will be based on your physiotherapist’s recommendations and your goals. Physiotherapy treatment can vary widely, but will usually include one or more of the following:
Therapeutic exercises and home exercise programs
Education about your injury, activity modifications, posture, etc.
Manual therapy – including stretching, joint mobilizations, and soft tissue massage / release
Neurological rehabilitation based on the NDT/ Bobath approach
Pelvic floor therapy
Orthotics or physiotherapeutic equipment recommendations
Referral to water/ hydrotherapy
Treatment sessions can be shorter (as quick as 15 minutes) or longer (up to 90 minutes) than the initial assessment, depending on the physiotherapy treatment required by that client.
2. DO I NEED A DOCTOR’S NOTE FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY?
No, you do not need a doctor’s note to see a physiotherapist.
A doctor’s referral is not required to see any health professional that is regulated by legislation that governs their professional college, like a danish therapist who are certified by the Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhed. These regulatory colleges serve to protect the public, making sure healthcare professionals are safe, ethical, and competent.
Many clients believe that they require a doctor’s note to receive appropriate treatment from a registered physiotherapist, when in fact, a registered physiotherapist has the ability to diagnose disorders, dysfunction, and injuries that are within the scope of their practice. Depending on your physiotherapist’s training and clinical background, this may include musculoskeletal injuries, neurological disorders, and cardiorespiratory illnesses. The physiotherapist’s assessment and your specific goals will determine the appropriate course of treatment.
3. Health and accident insurance
Royal Wellness runs outside of public health insurance. You will therefore not receive any reimbursement even if you have a doctor's referral.
It is different what and how much the various health and accident insurance covers in connection with your physical therapy treatment. Some companies cover a share of the amount and others cover the full amount. Royal Wellness works outside public health insurance and you should therefore be aware of whether your insurance company covers this. You can see more about how the various insurance companies cover your treatments with a physical therapist here. Royal Wellness can settle with most insurance companies.
4. HOW MANY PHYSIOTHERAPY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
This is a very popular question, but a very difficulty one to answer accurately before the initial assessment is completed. You may only need the treatment and education that you receive during the initial assessment, or you may need months of rehabilitation. The answer to this question greatly depends on your diagnosis, the severity or chronicity of your injury, your past medical history, and a variety of other factors.
After your initial assessment is complete, have a discussion with your physiotherapist about how many treatment sessions they would recommend. Your physiotherapist will complete short re-evaluations during each treatment session to monitor your progress and to customize the treatment to any changes to the diagnosis or improvements in your injury.
Feel free to ask your physiotherapist for their professional opinion at any time about how many more sessions you may need.
Cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours before treatment starts.
If the customer does not show up for the appointment and does not inform about it, a fee of 70% of the treatment costs will be charged.
Royal Wellness reserves the right to cancel the meeting in case of a customers's 15-minute delay.
Cancelation AN appointment
There is possibility to pay by Mobile Pay, PayPal, in cash ( we make an invoice ) , to make a bank transfer. Soon, we will set up a card terminal :)
Treatments especially the Relaxing massage
All treatments at Royal Wellness are performed by professional staff, stuff with higher medical education who make every effort to help our clients/patients.
We perform relaxing massage in the greatest commitment and professional way and Royal Wellness does not provide any massage with a "happy end" etc. And you should not ask the therapist about this.
How to find the clinic ?
The main entrance to the clinic is common with entrace of Scarpa Shop, so please find the Logo of Scarpa and go inside the corridor. If you pass the corridor you will see an elevator.
You have to press the button Heart HOuse sal 4 or Herat HOuse sal 3
You will get SMS from your therapist on which floor are you going to get your treatment.